To Find the EXACT PROBLEM
1) Reduce the unrelated activities and things
2) Try to find out the root cause for the problem
3) Get the logical understanding what will happened in the background.
4) Read the Error message and log files very clearly and write note.
Find out the SOLUTION.
1) Read the lot of knowledge base document related to the topics.
2) Try to thing the different possibilities and check the different option,
1) Before trouble shooting taking the backup of all important files,
2) Use the alias and scripting for regular activities. Don’t spend energy or confuse for simple things.
Documentation plays very important for trouble shooting.
How to Maintain the Documentation
Maintain the Four Documents
1) Error & Solutions
2) Knowledge base document
3) What is what
4) Plan & implementation.
My Slackness in Troubleshooting
1)Take the enough time- try different method.
2)Take interval(break) helps to thing different perspective.so, when the problem occur try to start the troubleshoot, you will get enough time. don't post pond.
1) Reduce the unrelated activities and things.If we are going to trouble shoot in the big topics, like big data, hpc.we needs to find out exact where is the problem is lying.
For example – if we configure yum repo with http . if we getting issue while update the yum. We need to check whether the problem found with yum or http.so rather than http try different one ftp.